Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Navigation: » Latest version
Concepts: High Level
Goals of Creating and Maintaining EDGEngineering Development Branch Code Libraries
- Provide sets of reliable code for use in EDGEngineering Development Branch toolsets (most important in tools that require timely development). Improving quality of code is important in evading detection.
- Document techniques and modules for sharing amongst developers.
- Track technique usage
- Areas of Responsibilities
- Track technique limitations (operationally and technically).
- Technique Orgins
- PSP and OSOperating System issues
- Provide developers with an understanding of current techniques
- Track depth of techniques
- Create a platform for measured signature diversity
- A common interface for modular development
- Multiple/Diverse sets of the similar techniques for signature diversity.
- Direct developer time to researching new techniques and more complex tools.
Current Library List
Core Library - Maintains all interfaces and debugging modules
Data Transfer (Exfil/Infil/Covert Storage)
System Monitoring and Manipulation
Miscellaneous (EDGEngineering Development Branch APIApplication Programming Interface)
EDG Library Model
When creating a new tool:
- Find the modules you wish to implement.
- Track usage of any modules on the appropriate documentation pages
- Note any bugs/issues to the user, jira, and/or the module documentation pages.
- If there are too few modules of the type you want, create your own.
- If you wish to change the signature of a module do so and add the module to the appropriate library.